Outside nature fun, skill building, social connections and self-care
Flying Squirrel Adventures is offering a 4-day March Break session for youth aged 12-15 years. Building on our weekly recreation program of the same name, this session is designed to encourage youth to cultivate healthy connections to nature, themselves and others. During the March Break intensive we will support the learning and deepening of outdoor skills, nature awareness, communication skills, relationship building & having fun outside.
For youth aged 12-15 years. By application.
This program was created and is facilitated by experienced Flying Squirrel Adventures facilitators.
Pay what you can. Food included. Transportation support available. APPLY HERE
When: March 15th – 18th (Monday – Thursday), 9:30am – 3:30pm
Location: Kentville parks & trails (meet at Kentville Gorge)
Participant Numbers: up to 10 youth, 2 experienced facilitators
All abilities, interests & backgrounds encouraged, honoured & respected.
- Create a daily forum for fun, community, learning and growth
- Foster comfort with nature time, outdoor activities & skill building
- Build connection to nature, self and others
- Provide youth with regular socialization with peers and caring adults
- Offer transferable skills and knowledge
- Offer participants a mental wellness toolkit
- Support new hobbies and interest
- Instill a love for nature (care for the earth, care for self, care for others)
Our time together each day:
- Group and self check-ins
- Preparing for our adventure
- Main group activity (e.g. hiking/walking, fire-making, tracking, map & compass, knots & tarps, nature art, etc.) – as a group will decide what activities to undertake (this is the body of each day).
- Food time to fuel our bodies
- Mindfulness techniques (to tap into ourselves)
- Sharing circle – giving space to share thoughts, feelings, likes or dislikes of the day (or in general).
For more info and for help to apply to the program please contact:
Judy Lipp: firstname.lastname@example.org / 902 993 1717 (leave a msg) or
Leslie Ubels: email@example.com / 902 309 1644 (9 am – 5 pm)
Ready to apply? Click here to access our form